Monday, February 15, 2010

Classy Cherry Compote Quiche / week 26 - february 15th, 2010



Get ready for a wonderful wonderful spectacular quiche. Inspired by Rae's sister's baked brie recipe with puff pastry wrapped around brie, cherries and honey.

Crust: Our favorite gluten free crust recipe (posted last week and many other weeks prior)
Bottom Layer: Goat Brie
Bottom Bottom Layer: Cherry Compote. To make this delectable delight we added frozen organic sweet cherries, organic raw cane sugar and a dash of water to a saucepan. When starting to boil, crush the cherries with a fork. Then add a approximately 1 Tablespoon of Arrowroot starch to the mixture.
Filling: 3 eggs, 1/2 cup almond milk,1/2 of a large yellow onion - caramelized. Mix it up!
Bonus Layer: Chopped Raw Walnut
Top Layer: More Goat Brie!
post-oven: drizzle honey on top!



Note: In total we used a goat brie wheel that was 6.5 oz. A little smaller then the average. It was triple cream. I'm pretty sure that after this quiche we recommend the goat brie. So Yummy.

Also: We listened to Rae's Dance Troupe Mix. Nothing says classy like Beyonce. The dance move at 1:19 is Rae's favorite.

3 comments:

  1. I am so honored that you used my recipe as inspiration! It looks soooo good! And I am not sure if I have had goat brie..but I probably will go get some as soon as it stops snowing... Also when I come visit there has to be a lot of "1:19" dance moves happening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesssssssss. so exciting. ahhh the goat brie. i actually think it was better not cooked in the quiche. it lost a lot of of its awesome flavor. so, i would say try it not cooked first. thanks for the comment. looove you!

    -rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, just when I thought it couldn't sound any better, you manage it. I'm salivating for this business.

    Aaaaand...I'm so jealous at the thought of you twins getting your dance moves on together. I would love love love to be there.

    ReplyDelete